The Stone of Wisdom
Sapphires are the birth stone for the month of September and are found in Burma, Sri Lanka, Australia, and Thailand. This beautiful stone is timeless and has been revered since 800BC. Kings used to wear sapphires around their necks as a defense from harm as they believed the stone had the power to protect and bring about good luck. The sapphire has for a long time, been identified with chastity, piety, and repentance. It brings wisdom and truth, increases perception and the understanding of justice. It helps find peace of mind and serenity and promotes a life of sincerity, helping preserve one’s innocence while learning life’s truths. Sapphires also are associated with romantic love, representing fidelity and romantic devotion. In modern times, the sapphire became notorious when Prince Charles proposed to Lady Diana with this beautiful blue stone.
Sapphires are a symbol of integrity and are highly effective for the speedy and positive resolution of legal matters and issues concerning justice. While most of us think of sapphire as a blue gemstone, it actually can form in a variety of different colors. No matter the color, sapphire is primarily known as a Stone of Wisdom, a royal stone of learning, mental acuity and psychic activation, and spiritual truth. The other various colors of sapphire are associated with other more unique forms of wisdom. Which color do you resonate with most?
- Blue Sapphire brings overall wisdom. Its pure Blue Ray brings order and healing to the mind. Sapphires were traditionally worn when treaties were signed. It is believed that if you wear or carry even a small piece of it when signing contracts or payment negotiations, it will bring you wisdom and clarity for these important endeavors.
- Black Sapphire brings the wisdom of confidence in one’s own intuition. It is protective and grounding, relieves anxiety and sorrow, and is a talisman for seeking and maintaining employment.
- Green Sapphire brings the wisdom of fidelity and integrity. It encourages compassion for others, stimulates vision, and improves dream recall.
- Orange or Padparadsha Sapphire brings the wisdom of loving creation from the heart to the world. It unites one’s creativity, sensuality and spirituality, and is a talisman of artists, writers and singers.
- Pink Sapphire brings the wisdom of resilience. It stimulates emotions and encourages love, forgiveness, and release of the past. It honors acceptance and strength of heart.
- Violet Sapphire brings the wisdom of spiritual awakening. It stimulates meditation, opens the Crown Chakra and allows the kundalini to rise unimpeded. It initiates oneness and peace.
- White Sapphire brings wisdom and strength of spirit, providing the inner resolve needed in overcoming difficult obstacles to one’s spiritual path. It brings clarity to the mind